On May 24th, Steven J. Hoffman, joined a panel at co-hosted by Cochrane and the Global Commission on Evidence to Address Societal challenges. This WHA 75 side event titled, “Now is the time to ‘up our game’ in using evidence to address health challenges” focused on the opportunities to systematize the aspects of evidence use that are going well and to address the many gaps. Watch the recording on YouTube.
Speakers and panelists:
• Dr Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, WHO
• Her Excellency Fitsum Assefa Adela, Ministry of Planning and Development, Ethiopia
• Dr Steven J. Hoffman, member of Canada’s WHA delegation; Scientific Director, CIHR Institute of Population & Public Health
• Dr Maria Endang Sumiwi, Director General of Public Health at the Ministry of Health, Indonesia
• Prof John Lavis, Co-Lead, Evidence Commission
• Dr John Grove, Director of Quality Assurance for Norms and Standards
WHO Co-chaired by Judith Brodie, Interim CEO, Cochrane and Sylvia de Haan, Head of Advocacy, Communications and Partnerships, Cochrane.